1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry Error when installing SolidWorks 2014

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Jdlikefood, Oct 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jdlikefood

Jdlikefood Thread Starter

For the past week I have been trying over and over again to install SolidWorks 2014. However, it gives me a registry error.

"The Installation Manager encountered an error when creating this registry key: .

You must have administrative permission when running the Installation Manager. Check the permissions for this registry key using a registry editor or consult the system administrator."

The thing is, I have administrative permission, and I have even use the "run as administrator" option. Nothing works. I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have tried several different install disk. It gives me the error code 1406 in the installation logs. I have googled it, nothing works. I have even posted on the SolidWorks Technical Support Forum, and they can't seem to help either. I will post a screenshot of the error. Can anyone help me?

Attached Files:

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    What AV, firewall and other protection programs are you running?

3. Jdlikefood

The only protection program that I have is Trend Microsecurity. I think I have disabled my firewall to install this, and I am unsure what an AV is.

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Anti Virus

5. Jdlikefood

Yes. The only anti virus I have is Trend Microsecurity. And I am just using the Windows Firewall.

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    You might try and disable "Trend Microsecurity" and see if it is blocking the install?

7. Jdlikefood

Disabled Trend, I still get the same error.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1135082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice