1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

registry fix recommendation

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by bobbycow36, Jan 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bobbycow36

bobbycow36 Thread Starter

Hi
    could anyone recommend a registry fix tool please?
    I've been wondering for a while if I should get one but I don't know which one
    Are any of the free ones any good? So many claim to be free but are really only free trials
    I can't tell if any of the pay ones are any different - also we have 3 machines so it could get expensive
    I downloaded a trial of registry booster to see if there were any issues on the laptop and it came back with a long list or errors and issues that need fixing

The laptop runs windows 7 home edition 64 bit but the 2 PC's are nearly the same and I've listed below
    I'd be really grateful for some advice
    Many thanks

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+, x86 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 895 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 152627 MB, Free - 107762 MB; F: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 134201 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, MS-7309, 1.0, To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. daz1

daz1 Banned

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Avoid registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type programs like the plague, no matter what they claim they can do.

They do little-to-nothing to improve speed and performance.

What they can do is break programs and damage the operating system.

The trial or demo ones will bring up a long list of "errors" to frighten you and convince you to buy it.

-------------------------------------------------------------

4. bobbycow36

bobbycow36 Thread Starter

Many thanks for that - now I needn't worry about all those big red X's!
    Seriously put my mind at rest - cheers!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice