1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

REGISTRY problems lead to major Laptop problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dataLynx, Feb 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dataLynx

dataLynx Thread Starter

On Sunday my laptop (running windows XP Home Edition) froze up and when I rebooted discovered EVERY file was having LOST CLUSTER problems. When I finally was able to get into windows most major functions such as IE 6.0 browser and Outlook Express would not work properly. I was able to run a registry fix program I had and it 'corrected' over 330 errors in the registry. However, it still has not corrected my problem.

I use Earthlink and I contacted them this morning and they suggested I run SFC /SCANNOW and re-install IE. However, I get the following error:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been such down to prevent damage to your computer

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Begin Dump of Physical Memory"

Please can any one help me. I am not sure what happened but now most systems are not working. It keeps on rebooting into a dyagnostic mode where it checks lost clusters and If I manage to bypass this and get into windows desktop, it comes up with all sorts of DLL errors being corrupted and that I should run CHKDSK (which I did but then it hangs the machine and the starts the whole cycle again)....

I am not too familiar with the REGISTRY and I need some help.

Thanks.

:confused:

[Tuesday morning] I have additional information:

I now get the following errors:

Errors in Windows/Prefetch/RNDAL.EXE-15330267.pf

and

Windows Delayed Write Failed messages. A whole bunch
    dispex.dll.new
    bootok.exe.new
    dimap.dll.new
    crtdll.dll.new
    comsetup.dll.new
    capesnpn.dll.new
    cdm.dll.new
    charmap.exe.new

etc...

Also, when I try and select UPDATE WINDOWS from TOOLS in IE 6.0,
    it creates an ERROR REPORT for Microsoft and shuts down the browser

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/335869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice