1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by pretty_woman, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pretty_woman

pretty_woman Thread Starter

Hi,

Im desperate to get back my old reg keys. I have 2 copies of windows XP, one on one drive is runnning, and the other on another drive is dead. The new one doesnt have some of the reg keys that I would like to extract from my old copy.

Does anyone know how I could do this?

The main problem is I have Aliens Vs Predator 2 on my machine and I have lost the box (Stolen more like). I still have the CD key but it is stored in the reg on the other copy of windows XP. There is some other software that I have had and lost the CD keys.

Is there any way I can access this information? I don't have a back up of the original windows Reg keys either.

I have also tried doing a repair job but it will not allow me to do that with my broken windows.

Thanx for your help,
    I have checked the other forums but no-one seems to be able to answer this one. The Reg files HAVE to be stored in Windows somewhere :(

2. roban

roban

Download Regseeker. It's a freeware soft. You can search for specific reg entries and it will find everything you search for. You can then extract only the ones you want and import them into the other copy of XP. It may be a laborious process.

3. pretty_woman

Im going to give that a go. I hope that works.

P.s Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you

4. pretty_woman

No, unfortunately that didnt work, it wont seem to find the regkeys from the windows on the D:\ drive. Any other ideas, All I want is to be able to access the information from the other copy of XP

5. pretty_woman

Still no reply? :(
    I'll check back again in a few hours

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice