Registry questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

buytick

If I go into the registry and see under "Hexkey - Local Machine" - Software, some software which I no longer use or want, can I delete them and how do I do it?
Is there a program for easy editing?

blues_harp28

Hi..Those you "no longer use" and no longer "want"..should first be uninstalled from add-remove programs..and then files and folders..
Removing items from the Registry should be done with caution...ONLY delete items you know have been uninstalled...
Click on uninstalled program in the Registry..once highlighted..click Edit>Delete..

Hi,

You can, but I would first suggest creating a restore point using System Restore and testing it.

How to test System Restore:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/tips.html#HowToTest

You may find Regseeker to be of help with cleaning the registry. You can also use it's search function to locate entry by name. Example, if you were to uninstall Adobe Reader via add/remove programs in Control Panel then did a search of the registry for Adobe, these entry should be able to be removed safely as long as there are no other Adobe application installed on there system.

Regseeker:
http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.