Registry recovery?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lola2001

My boss has two problems. I don't know if they are related.

One..when xp boots we get a message saying (every time):

"One of the files containing the system registry data had to be recovered by use of a log or alternative copy. The recovery was successful."

Second thing is that Outlook does not open (not express). We get this message;

"Cannot start microsoft office outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact administrator if condition persists."

I don't know if these two things are related and I don't know much about XP. Can someone help please?

Thanks.

lola2001

How do I know what SQL mail is? As far as I know he is using Outlook for email only. He also uses some chat programs like MSN and AIM.

He doesn't have an SQL server, just a regular computer running xp.

Thanks.

redoak

Gone but never forgotten
Why not use "Outlook Express," since only eml use is being made. That is what I have done.
{redoak}

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online