Registry Repair

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gramawil

I need help! I badly need to repair my registry - keep getting all kinds of error messages, particularly one that says "this program has caused an illegal operation, etc". I download and ran a Registry Mechanic Program that tells me I have 290 problems! However, in order to fix these problems, I will have to purchase the program. Right now I can't afford to purchase this. Does anyone know if there is some sort of reliable free program? My OS is Windows 98. I really need to use my email program for school but right now I can't. Can anybody offer any advice? Thanks.

Reboot your computer
On reboot, hold down the control key
When the menu appears select option 5
Type:

scanreg /fix

Hit enter. If you are asked if you want to repair the registry, click ok.
(y)

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Why do you think you need to repair the registry because your computer is getting error messages?

What kind of error messages is it getting?

There are a lot of reasons for getting error messages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts