1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry Repair

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gramawil, Jan 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gramawil

gramawil Thread Starter

I need help! I badly need to repair my registry - keep getting all kinds of error messages, particularly one that says "this program has caused an illegal operation, etc". I download and ran a Registry Mechanic Program that tells me I have 290 problems! However, in order to fix these problems, I will have to purchase the program. Right now I can't afford to purchase this. Does anyone know if there is some sort of reliable free program? My OS is Windows 98. I really need to use my email program for school but right now I can't. Can anybody offer any advice? Thanks.

2. tonkacat

tonkacat

Reboot your computer
    On reboot, hold down the control key
    When the menu appears select option 5
    Type:

scanreg /fix

Hit enter. If you are asked if you want to repair the registry, click ok.
    (y)

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Why do you think you need to repair the registry because your computer is getting error messages?

What kind of error messages is it getting?

There are a lot of reasons for getting error messages.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/433244

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice