1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by rickn109, Feb 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rickn109

rickn109 Thread Starter

Can anyone tell me what the command to reinstall a backedup version of the reg in the "Run" section. This command will show you previous backed up reg for you to select from if your current reg is having problems.

2. jackha

jackha

I suspect you mean C:\ prompt not run.. In C: prompt type in..scanreg/restore.. and it will show you what you are looking for I believe...

3. ratchet

ratchet

I believe you are thinking of the Command Prompt scanreg/restore. This can be accessed by holding the Ctrl key at boot, then select comand prompt only. At the C> prompt type
    scanreg/restore, then hit enter. You will be given an option of dates to restore from.

Here is a good tutorial for the registry;
    http://www.winguides.com/article.php?id=1&guide=registry

4. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

Or, if you are running WinMe, you can do it from the Run Prompt.

Start > Run > Scanreg /Restore

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice