1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Registry

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Ryanhere, Nov 22, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Ryanhere

Ryanhere Thread Starter

How do I get into the Registry back-up via the C prompt. I cannot access going through System Tools:(

2. indigowindow

indigowindow

restart the computer in dos mode, type scanreg /restore. this brings up a list of most recent registry backups. usually you want to pick the most recent. :p

3. Bryan

Bryan

First Name:
    Bryan
    Are you trying to restore a backup or create a backup?

If your trying to create a backup, you can do it from within Windows.

Click on Start>Run, key in scanregw and press enter. Follow the prompts.

To restore a previous backup, use Indigo's method.

4. Ryanhere

Ryanhere Thread Starter

Many thanks for your advice. But I have tried and end up with the same prob. Everything I click on in Desktop comes up with saying no handle. I dont think my registry backup goes back that far. Do you think I will have to reinstall. I do appreciate your kind help and assistance. Thank you.:(

5. Ryanhere

Ryanhere Thread Starter

Thanks so much guys. I have it now working. I am really greatfull to you all. Thanks a million.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/59265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice