1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

regular freezing - hard reboot and increasing problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by deepblue501, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deepblue501

deepblue501 Thread Starter

hi

i've had problems on and off with my vista laptop (Asus M51Vseries, intel centrino 2 duo P8400, 3GB ram, vista SP2, ATI radeon 3470) for about a year. What happens is that the laptop starts up but then freezes on the normal screen without having managed to open all the programs. When i then click on any icon the mouse changes into the vista waiting circle and keeps on going forever. So i have to manually reboot. About half a year ago at some point the comp just went totally blank and it basically went dead. I went to a service shop and they exchanged the hard disk as it seemed to be a HDD failure. After reinstalling everything and upgrading to Vista SP2, I keep getting the same problem though. It happens about once every week. What I normally do then is i hard reboot, go into safe mode and do a sfc/scannow. Until recently it always told me that there were no problems found, and then i rebooted and everything was fine. However since a few weeks it talks about having fixed some problems. Still, after rebooting it's fine. Unfortunately today, even after doing the sfc/scannow and even after it told everything was fixed, i rebooted and the laptop froze again. This has never happened before. What does this indicate? I haven't installed anything important recently, I've done a thorough virus scan with eset nod32 and nothing turned up. So what can this be? Is my pc simply getting too old (4 yrs now), is it the hdd again, the motherboard, or is it software related? Can anyone pls help, my work depends on my laptop, i'm a musician and most of my current work is on that laptop. I really need help. Thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086499

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice