1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

regular slowdown in all games

Discussion in 'Games' started by whatevs, May 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. whatevs

whatevs Thread Starter

hello,

for some time now every game i play develops a kind of slowdown in regular intervals. it is not a framedrop or real stutter, it feels more like the game itselfs slows down about once or twice a second. the framerate itself is consistent throughout this.
    if the games are gpu-intensive, this can happen right from the start. games that are less demanding usually run fine for a while before the problem occurs.
    i have tried clean gpu-driver install, removing power restrictions on the pci-port through windows, upping the power limit in wattman settings, extensive googling but all i ever find are problems with real drops/ bad framerate.
    since the the problem is less noticeable in slower paced games and some games run fine for a while i cant pinpoint when exactly this started.
    my specs:

MSI rx480 Gaming 8gig
    core i5 4670K @ 3,8 Ghz OC
    win 10 Pro x64 (latest updates)
    8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz
    MSI Z87-G43
    coolermaster b500 v2 PSU (500W)
    2 HDDs and 1 SSD, doesnt matter which one the game is on

any ideas what could cause this?
    much appreciated

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Your gaming rig appears to have this hardware:

cpu.JPG

gpu.JPG

8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM

------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not a hardware/gaming expert, but one thing I would do is add another 8 GB of RAM and run your gaming rig with 16 GB.

The processor may not have sufficient "horsepower" for some games, depending on what their recommended system requirements are.

You didn't provide any description or wattage of the power supply unit(PSU).

-------------------------------------------------------------------

3. whatevs

whatevs Thread Starter

thanks for the advice although i think it wont help much. the problem occurs in all games, no matter how demanding they are. even when ram and cpu load are very low, like 50% for example.
    i use a coolermaster b500 v2 PSU (500W).

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for posting your PSU specs.
    I'll leave you with the hardware/gaming experts here.
    Good luck with getting your gaming issues resolved. (y)

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1227142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice