Regular unleaded.....

Dark Star

Just curious......

I've been watching gasoline prices in this area I live in continue to drop steadily to the current $1.21 gal. for regular unleaded.

I thought it might be interesting for comparisons sakes to see just what the current gasoline prices are in the other geographical locations here in the continental US as well as Canada and England and all other "overseas" markets.

I know that the European markets are both measured in liters as well as considerably higher in price by comparison to the US.

Ds

Hi everyone...

Price of a gallon of gas... $1.14 here 2 weeks ago Sun.

$0.99 cents for unleaded Regular today

interesting topic which can lead to alot of other subjects...

including global warming...lol

speaking of which... this is the most beautiful state on earth in the fall... Anyone ever been to the Blue Ridge Mts of Va??

wen

go on put it in flashing upper case.

mr wen paid 70.9 pence a litre this morning, whats that about $4.70 a gallon.

our government can't afford for us not to drive, just like they can't afford for us all to give up smoking.

did you know that for every say £4.30 for 20 fags the government take £3.00 odd in tax over here.

wen

Here in the DC area, the price of gas depends on location. In our nation's capital the price of gas can be as high as $1.50 a gal. But you can drive 30 miles or so and find it for less than a dollar. That happens when two stores compete with each other directly accross the street that are not necessarily in the DC metro area. Go figure.

And cigs, in Maryland a carton at the grocery store can cost $37. In Virginia at the local gas station, $29. I go to a discount store that sells my brand, I pay $22.60 because they have a deal with the cig company to only sell certain brands. America, gotta love it.

wen

and they wonder why so many people get smuggled ciggies in the uk.

wen

Didn't/doesn't the State of Maryland have a ban on smoking policy in all public places except bars??

Sure do, but they can tax the H E double hockey sticks out of cigarettes. And the state sued the manufacturers for I think 7 million and won! The lawyer for that case, Mr. DeAngilo the Baltimore Orioles owner, sued the state for half of that.

Dark Star

This may just turn out to be a good thread after all.........
............possibilities are endless.

anglin_fool,

like you said......"America, gotta love it."

wen,

I knew gasoline prices were "out of control" high where you are and all........If it makes you feel better I believe the folks in Australia may be paying much more yet.

we'll see if anyone from there post a number for comparisons.........

DS

Dark Star,

Of course I said "America, gotta love it".

Is there any gas prices or cigarettes cheaper in the world? The two major things that can kill you that you can stop doing, driving and smoking. But I am not going to stop either. Tried, didn't work.

Here in K'town reg unleaded is $1.12 :D (and $ still going down)
That is MUCH better than $1.85 I was paying not too long ago!

RT

Ah gotsta move nawth!
Or mebe sowth!

$1.19 here (to the south of cwolfe, ~ 80 miles).

(don'tcha know it's gotta be WAY cheaper over the Georgia line!?!)

Dark Star

cwolfe98,

I was hoping we'd get to that sooner or later.......

"That is MUCH better than $1.85 I was paying not too long ago!"

Anyone here want to take a poke at why this is?.......

I've got my theory, but I'd really like to see what you all think is the cause for this reduction of fuel prices.......
I doubt anyone would have argued that we weren't headed for the $2.00 gal prices as little as six weeks back.

.............Actually here they hit $2.09 for one weekend. :eek:

DS

Some interesting reading .... ;)

Gas price rollercoaster?

The Official Gov. answer -
http://www.firstgov.gov/fedsearch4/index.jsp?mt0=all&ms0=should&mw0=gas+price&db=www&st=AS
http://www.ftc.gov/bc/gasconf/comments/hogarty.htm

The "other" side of the story -
http://hv.greenspun.com/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg.tcl?msg_id=002kKH
http://www.dispatch.com/news/editorials01/may01/708644.html

So .... what do you think?

How much is ga$$ where you live?

(No, that's not a typo... ga$$ .. $ca-ching$ - it's all about the greenback$) ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online