1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reimage search

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by auldreekie, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. auldreekie

auldreekie Thread Starter

Idownloaded reimage,found it was rubbish and deletedit since then it has taken over my browser ,my search engine,even gmail..Ihave managed to get rid of it on the search engine gmail and winkled it out of everywhere. its not in programs,not in downloads,not anywhere on disc c.bu when I click on google chrome----there it is. where is it hiding. how can I get rid of it. any help appreciated. auldreekie

2. yellosnosid

yellosnosid

I think this is a search redirect virus & you should try posting in the virus & malware removal forum http://forums.techguy.org/54-virus-other-malware-removal/.
    Did you unistall the program or just delete the icon where it was?
    Follow the instructions for posting in that forum & give them as much detail as you can on the issue & do a search to see if anybody had the same issue on this forum
    Changing your gmail password is probably a good idea as well as backing up important emails,do it from an unifected PC (library computers aren't always safe)
    Good luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087548

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice