1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reinsatll Vista & SP1 Question

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by cuare, Apr 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cuare

cuare Thread Starter

Hello All,

Im going to reinstall Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I would like to know if after the fresh install can I then install Vista SP1?

Or

Do I have to download all the prior Windows Updates again before installing SP1?

Cuare

2. unbidden

unbidden

Install Vista then go right to sp1, then check win updates.

However, using win updates to install sp1 may be the better option rather than installing sp1 using the full stand alone version. Using the update will install only what is needed for your setup.

3. cuare

cuare Thread Starter

Thank you for the responce.

Installing the SP1 stand alone after the OS install was is what I thought would be alright.

I will give it a shot see how it goes

thanks again ;)

4. unbidden

unbidden

This is fine to do, just thought I'd let you know about the advantage of using Win Updates. Also, when you use the stand-alone, it does not update the Help file; however you can download that seperately.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937286

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700405

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice