Reinsatll Vista & SP1 Question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cuare

Hello All,

Im going to reinstall Vista Ultimate 64 bit.

I would like to know if after the fresh install can I then install Vista SP1?

Or

Do I have to download all the prior Windows Updates again before installing SP1?

Cuare

Install Vista then go right to sp1, then check win updates.

However, using win updates to install sp1 may be the better option rather than installing sp1 using the full stand alone version. Using the update will install only what is needed for your setup.

cuare

Thank you for the responce.

Installing the SP1 stand alone after the OS install was is what I thought would be alright.

I will give it a shot see how it goes

thanks again ;)

Thank you for the responce.

Installing the SP1 stand alone after the OS install was is what I thought would be alright.

I will give it a shot see how it goes

thanks again ;)
This is fine to do, just thought I'd let you know about the advantage of using Win Updates. Also, when you use the stand-alone, it does not update the Help file; however you can download that seperately.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/937286

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online