1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reinstall xp home plus format

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by seldom, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seldom

seldom Thread Starter

hi, my computer came with xp home edition pre installed, I now want to reinstall but wipe the hard drive first.
    I only got a cd rom recovery cd, no floppy and i did what i thought was a clean install, there is no sign of old software etc ,but with little installed so far Iam using 10gb and when i checked for virus with norton anti virus , i seen it was checking all my old software etc, so I am assuming i have not formated the only drive" c " that i have.
    How do I go about this,

a newbie to computing and I hope you can help.

Seldom

2. Mustnged

Mustnged

depending on what restore disc it is, choose Full restore. This option allows you to reformat the hard drive, then proceed to install the OS with all device drivers.
    If you just have a Windows XP Home full edition, put the CD in and remove the current partitions, then create a new one. This will ensure that all data is erased and you have a clean install of Windows.

3. seldom

seldom Thread Starter

Thanks I will give that a try will let you know how I get on.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice