reinstall xp home plus format

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

seldom

hi, my computer came with xp home edition pre installed, I now want to reinstall but wipe the hard drive first.
I only got a cd rom recovery cd, no floppy and i did what i thought was a clean install, there is no sign of old software etc ,but with little installed so far Iam using 10gb and when i checked for virus with norton anti virus , i seen it was checking all my old software etc, so I am assuming i have not formated the only drive" c " that i have.
How do I go about this,

a newbie to computing and I hope you can help.

Seldom

depending on what restore disc it is, choose Full restore. This option allows you to reformat the hard drive, then proceed to install the OS with all device drivers.
If you just have a Windows XP Home full edition, put the CD in and remove the current partitions, then create a new one. This will ensure that all data is erased and you have a clean install of Windows.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online