1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reinstall XP Pro on Same System - Can't Activate!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ross1420, Apr 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ross1420

ross1420 Thread Starter

I need help. My harddrive crashed so I had to get a new one. I went to re-install XP Pro on the new drive and I had no problems - the same CDROM I purchased with the same CD Product key. So I go to activate it and it says that the key is at it's limit of number of activations. Now I only have 30 days left to activate or quit. How the heck can I get around this without having to deal with Microsoft over the phone (I hate dealing with them)?

2. ross1420

ross1420 Thread Starter

I went ahead and called MS and got it corrected. Damn software pirates cause things to become so cumbersome for those who are legit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/219525

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice