1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reinstalled windows 7 and my wireless adapter no longer connects to my router.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Toast456, Jul 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toast456

Toast456 Thread Starter

Today had to to conduct a bit of a messy reinstall of windows (changed cpu fan and windows wouldn't start properly so had to format and reinstall) and now my wireless adapter won't connect to my network. I should say I can actually connect to the internet through my TP-link wireless network card attached to my motherboard, however, last week I purchased a TP-Link TL-WN722N usb adapter because the signal was too weak on the network card. Before the reinstall it worked perfectly, giving me 4/5 bars of signal strength consistently with no drops. I've tried reinstalling and repairing the drivers but it has had no effect. I still suspect it is some weird driver conflict for some reason as I was having conflict issues with programs earlier in the day although they were all eventually resolved.

Mainboard : Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
    Chipset : RD890 PCI to PCI Bridge (external gfx0 port B)
    Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 955e @ 800MHz
    Network Card : Atheros Communications AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter (PCIe) (says atheros but really tp-link)

ipconfig:

Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1005435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice