Reinstalled Windows XP but lost sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alan Keys

Hi,

I have reinstalled Windows XP Professional but seem to have lost sound.

Musicmatch Jukebox returns the error message “MMJB Soundcard Problem, WaveOut Format not supported”.

Does anybody know what this problem may be?

Thanks in advance.

You have not installed your sound card drivers.
Find out what sound card you have and go to their website > download drivers and find the appropiate one for you.

Bryan

Bryan
And you can check to see if that's the case by going to the ControlPanel clicking Sounds and then click on the Audio tab. Under default playback devices, is anything listed as the default?

If not, your sound card drivers aren't installed.

Alan Keys

Bryan said:
And you can check to see if that's the case by going to the ControlPanel clicking Sounds and then click on the Audio tab. Under default playback devices, is anything listed as the default?

If not, your sound card drivers aren't installed.
It says no audio device listed.

Alan Keys

bloodworx said:
You have not installed your sound card drivers.
Find out what sound card you have and go to their website > download drivers and find the appropiate one for you.
Does this sound like it might be my soundcard?

Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

Did you do as Bryan suggested and go to Device manager? If your sound card is not installed you will see a yellow exclamation point showing. If not click the + beside audio and see what is listed. High Def controller is not your sound card.

Billy the Adult said:
Did you do as Bryan suggested and go to Device manager? If your sound card is not installed you will see a yellow exclamation point showing. If not click the + beside audio and see what is listed. High Def controller is not your sound card.
Bryan never suggested to go to the device manager, take it easy on him.

bloodworx said:
Bryan never suggested to go to the device manager, take it easy on him.
I stand corrected, and I wasn't being hard on him. But also YOU don't know that his sound card isn't installed so he needs to find that out before hunting for drivers. All he said in his original post was that MusicMatch was giving an error. Walk him through finding out if he actually needs drivers or merely settings changed.

Alan Keys

Billy the Adult said:
I stand corrected, and I wasn't being hard on him. But also YOU don't know that his sound card isn't installed so he needs to find that out before hunting for drivers. All he said in his original post was that MusicMatch was giving an error. Walk him through finding out if he actually needs drivers or merely settings changed.
If it's any help there is no sound in any application.

Billy the Adult said:
I didn´t mean to come off with an attitude, i apologize for that, but this is one of the types of problems that have a simple solution, and all the arrows point to one direction. Even if his sound card IS installed hes having problems with the driver, hence both solutions will lead to the basic driver repair/reinstall. ( or in this sutiation, install since he just formatted his computer, and no audio devices are listed. ) I myself am very familiar with Musicmatch Jukebox, and know where the problems normally come from.

Alan keys, please provide your computer maker / model please, and i´ll make sure i directly link you the drivers for your sound card.

Alan Keys

bloodworx said:
Alan keys, please provide your computer maker / model please, and i´ll make sure i directly link you the drivers for your sound card.
The manufacturer is Tiny.

How do I find out make and model?

If you still have the CD´s that came with your computer, the drivers for the sound card should be there.
If not you´re going to have to find out what motherboard you have.
To make things simple, download this
Everest Home edition.
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/Everest-Home-Edition.shtml

Open it, and go to the audio tab to find out everything you need to know.
It also (might) provide a link on where to go to download the driver for it, but if it doesnt just post back the information so that I may be of more assistance.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online