1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reinstalled xp drivers help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by the_mega_zach, Apr 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. the_mega_zach

the_mega_zach Thread Starter

I reinstalled xp on my comp that originally had vista on it the computer is a emachines w5243 and I can't find the proper audio drivers for it. Also I can't get my usb ports to work.... this happened before I reinstalled it and is part of the reason I decided to. Ne one know a link to the drivers or what's wrong with the usb plz and thx

2. pedroguy

pedroguy

Ok:I have looked at the emachines site and your model specs.I do not see any xp drivers there only Vista drivers
    The only thing I can suggest is go to the web site for the individual components audio,usb and download the xp drivers,if there are any available there.Normally,we recommend getting the drivers from the pc makers site,but in this case that does not appear to be possible.

3. the_mega_zach

Yeah I've done this before and got the network and audio drivers with a little browsing around..... the main thin I'm worried about is the usb because they quit working before I reintalled the os so I was thinking it might be a hardware problem instead of software... but ill look around for the audio.... umm I was wondering what the name of the hardware that controlls the usb ports is tho

4. norton850

norton850

What does Device Manager say about USB?

5. the_mega_zach

They show upunder the universal serial bus controllers and says all drivers are up to dat and working properly..... so maybe its a hardware issue.... lol but I guess that's the drivers o got to look for... doh

6. pedroguy

pedroguy

I would go to the device manager entry for the devices,look at the details tab.Record the description and pc\ven info.You can look that up here,

http://www.pcidatabase.com/

7. OVERLORDCHAOS

OVERLORDCHAOS

first those kind of machines if they come with vista there are only vista drivers.
    the only fix i could tell you to try if you really need those drivers its:
    download all the windows vista drivers for x86 (32 bit)
    try to install them. may install may not.
    generally they install themselves. may or may not work.
    or return to vista. if the usb ports dont work on xp eighter...
    try to enter into the bios and see if the legacy support etc its enabled for usb if the bios even has some usb options.

8. the_mega_zach

ive gotten the audio and network drivers to work before....but i gave up and just put vista on it. but the usb problem is still there so i think its a hardware problem. i guess its an older emachines and these things are cheap. had to replace the power block already. but anyways thanks for the help guys sorry to waste your time lol

9. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The eMachines w5243 desktop came with Windows Vista pre-installed, so the support site for it doesn't have any Windows XP drivers listed.

---------------------------------------------------------------

It appears to have these devices:

NVIDIA graphics

Realtek audio

Realtek network

but we need to confirm that.

Go into the Device Manager and advise what's listed in these headings:

Display Adapters

IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers

Network Adapters

Other Devices

Sound Video And Game Controllers

---------------------------------------------------------------

10. OVERLORDCHAOS

OVERLORDCHAOS

give us a list of drivers and we can give you the urls to download. or at least i can. you need to be patient since today my male cat was neutered and i need to take care of him so i might take me long to help you.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/990575

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice