1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reinstalled XP, now no sound

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ssjdbz, Feb 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ssjdbz

ssjdbz Thread Starter

Hello,

My friend's computer was really messed up last week, and the only way to fix it was to reinstall XP. Once I did so, the monitor and sound did not work right. After messing around, I got the monitor corrected (the computer could not find the drivers) but there still is no sound. The sound card is on the motherboard itself (not removable), but the computer does not see anything but a generic sound card.
    How can I fix this? Do I open the computer up and try to find the specs on the motherboard, or is there another way?
    Plus, I don't have access to the computer for a couple days, so I can't tell you what all the specs are.
    Thanks.

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Wait until you have the specs on it like Make and Model if store bought or if a build then the motherboard make and model.

3. brooksy

brooksy Banned

You will need to know the motherboard male and model as the sound card is intergrated on the motherboard (on-board) once you have this info you can then search for the drivers for this. I had to do the exactly the same thing on myu mates p.c, lookily he had the box to the motherboard.

4. ssjdbz

ssjdbz Thread Starter

I figured as much.

Thanks.

5. brooksy

brooksy Banned

Please mark your thread solved by using thread tools in first post

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!