Reinstalled XP on wrong disk?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vstern

My brother-in-law has been having nothing but trouble with his older WinXP machine, so he reinstalled the WinXP with SP2 included. Apparently, he inadvertently installed it to his back-up drive (D) rather than his main drive (C). Everything is working beauifully now. When he boots up the machine, it asks which drive he wants to boot from. He says D and off they go. The problem is that the D drive is only 5GB, of which about 850MB is left. I think he also reinstalled drivers and programs to the D drive.

Other than starting all over again and reinstalling to the C drive this time, are there any other options?

Vanessa

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
That would be the option that makes the most sense. Moving the installation from D: to C: is very difficult, and usually results in you reinstalling anyway. :)

vstern

That's pretty much what I thought, but wanted to double-check. Thanks!

Vanessa

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online