Reinstalling MS Works

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

grandpaw7

I am going to reinstall my MS Works6.0 because the database has quit working right. Since I can get to the stuff now on MS Works either by opening Works or by opening My Documents, I presume that the stuff I now have on MS Works will still be accessible in My Documents so that I can uninstall the current installation without worrying about losing that stuff. Am I presuming right?

For some reason, when I print off the databases I now have in Works the different columns print off separately rather than side by side as they appear on the screen. If anyone has a idea about how I might correct that, I would appreciate knowing about it because if I can fix that I won't need to reinstall.

Thanks, grandpaw7

When I have had problems like that with any program- it is usually because I have the wrong settings in Page Setup.
In MSWorks it is probably listed under <File><Page Setup>

The only other thing that I can think of off-hand, if you have more than one printer set up on your computer (even printer emulators like "pdfCreator"), it is not impossible that Works might be remembering an older printer setting, rather than the current default-- but my guess would be the "Page Setup".

Good luck,
letchworth

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online