Reinstalling My Hard Drive, I deleted it by mistake

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

caraloca

Hi, I was installing a dvd burner from another pc to this one, so I decide to remove all the cdroms and drives in the device properties and leave only this dvd burner.
I close my pc and when I try to start win xp i can not . i guess one of those drivers was my HD.
it just said 'wait" then it said that my drives are not atp compatible, then tell me to press "home", i do that and it start to count up to 50 and then restart.
Before also when I just to start my pc I had a chance to enter my bios but not anymore.
I guess i have to get in the bios to make my motherboard recognize my Hd, right?, but how can I get there now or what should I do?.
I have an amd duron 1300mhz, 1012mb, win xp pro.
Any idea?.

Triple6

Rob
So does Windows even start to load? It sounds like its a BIOS/Physical Drive problem. Make sure that each drive is connected correctly and that the jumpers are set right. The IDE cable plugs in so that the red strip goes to pin 1 on the motherbaord and faces the power connector on the drive. Then make sure that each drive on each cable is jumpered correctly. One drive on each IDE cable needs to be set as Master, and if a second drive is on the same cable it needs to be set as Slave. Check the diagrams or labels on each drive to make sure these are correct. In the BIOS setup the IDE devices using the AUTODETECT IDE DEVICES option or set all the device to AUTO, sometimes pressing ENTER in the BIOS on each IDE Channel will cause it to detect the device. make sure all the drives are seen when the computer boots up.

caraloca

no, windows did not load, when I start the pc it just said wait buit does not load windows.
i was using this pc before and everything was fine so the jumpers are right and I did not disconnect the Hd either and like I said I can not go to the bios.
I just deleted all cds and drivers, nothing else.
Thank you for your help.

dai

you may not have disconnected the hd but just brushing against the cable can be enough to dislodge it enough to stop it working

caraloca

Hi, I fixed already.
I let the hd by itself and I was able to go in the bios setup, there I saw that the hd was not detected so I press f3 to detect it and it did, then I saved and exit and close my pc, then I made the mistake to put the dvd in the second ide as master, so when I started my pc it did not detected my hd again just the dvd, so I now put both (HD and DVD) in the same IDE. I run the bios again and press f3 again and now it recognized both.
It was such a simple thing.
thank you for your help and time

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online