1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reinstalling single XP Pro on a dual boot XP Pro machine

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Alleyoop11, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Thread Starter

Hi, I have a dual boot XP Pro setup on my boot drive and I want to reinstall my E drive while preserving my C drive. I've done a couple of Windows 7 reinstalls but never an XP reinstall. I'm just a little nervous about the dual boot setup, I don't want to lose my C partition.
    I have a Macrium image of the drive and also the partitions, in case I botch it :). I have also backed up a number of files from My Documents etc. in case I need some of them later.
    What pitfalls should I be wary of?
    I have a Service Pack 2 CD, Academic Edition.

2. Alleyoop11

Alleyoop11 Thread Starter

OK, I went ahead boldly with confidence & it was pretty straight forward, seems to have worked out ok as far as basic set up is concerned. I used the wrong disk, I could only find one of the two, so instead of using the cd key I had previously used for that OS, I had to use the key that was on the disk sleeve, so it's possible I've now used the same key for both setups so I guess I'll be getting a message from Microsoft once I set up my internet connection.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice