1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

reinstalling win95

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by johnkr, Jan 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. johnkr

johnkr Thread Starter

On my compaq armada 1120t, the previous owner upgraded to windows 98. This rendered the battery supply usless as 98 does not have the correct drivers to run the internal power supply. ? So, I formatted the hard drive only to late to realize that the CD rom did not work in dos. When I run the 95 su disk that contains a generic cd driver, it cannot locate the CD ROM.

I have a hunch that my problem has something to do with the fact that the cd-rom connects through a pcmcia socket. I tried to add a command in the config.sys file that starts the drivers for the pcmcia socket. The drivers are present on the su disk, but the startup halts when trying to run the command.

Is this really my problem? How do I run the pcmcia drivers in dos? Am I S.O.L.?????

2. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

Well win98 should have worked with the internal power supply and battery, but oh well.

If you can list the Manufacture and model of the CD drive, then someone may be able to find the proper settings and drivers.

Also entering the bios and setting the cd-rom to be bootable (if that option is available) and using a win95/98 cd to boot the computer would work.

3. johnkr

johnkr Thread Starter

Can't seem to get into Bios setup. any hints?

4. Shadow2531

Shadow2531

when the puter starts up try one of these

del

f1, f12, f10 or other f keys

ctrl-esc

ctrl-alt-esc

spacebar

tab

one of those should work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65959

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice