Reinstalling window Xp and HELL AFTER

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xshohokus4

hmm recently my computer has problems saying that i have corrupted window files and forcing me to close explore and just restarts the comp itself. This all happened after i brought the computer home from school and plugged it in to a LCD monitor. i dont think that the monitor can trigger the problem but if anyone knows of anythign please tell me =). So i decided to reformat my harddrive. i did so and now i am trying to install window xp, i am having aLOT of problems. its saying that i dont have some files and wont let me load it during set up. Another problem that occured is that it gives me the blue screen that says "an error has accurred...turning off to prevent damage to system" or just the blue screen of death as many calls it. I dont know what is wrong with it. anyone help? thanks

xshohokus4

hmm i did all of that but then i had trouble when its runnign set up after i formatted my harddrive. it would say like "mf.sys" cannot be found and ask me to either skip the file, retry or exit setup. Retry wouldn't work so i can only skip it. then when i rebot afterwards, it would just have problems =( i dont know why

If you skip a file, of course you will have problems.

Not finding files when installing usually points to two things. A dirty or damaged CD, or faulty RAM.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online