Reinstalling Window XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

starjade

I am trying to reinstall Window XP on my Darius pc. I turned on the tower and inserted the cd into the CD/ROM. The screen of the the monitor becomes black with a message "press a key to reboot" and it just stays this way. I was told that my setting for the bios setup should be boot from cd. I did this, however, the message does not say "press a key to reboot from cd.

Could someone please help me with this problem? :confused:

Much appreciated!

Starjade, you should be able to hit a certain combination of keys, depending on your computer, of shift + tab or esc or control + delete or F8 or one of those and it will tell you on your screen VERY QUICKLY as you are rebooting to either get to the boot sequence or the CMOS settings. Once you get to the boot sequence you can set it to the correct one and go on. Or if you get to the CMOS settings, change it to the correct one and then go on. Liz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online