Reinstalling windows xp and password protected files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ironmaiden333

I recently reinstalled windows xp on my machine. I want to be able to open some files that were used before the reinstall. Unfortunately, I cannot open the files because it says that my "Access is denied". I'm pretty sure I followed a tutorial online that allowed me to keep some files from the last install, but now I can't open the folders that they are in. I have administrator privaleges and removed the passwords from my other accounts before I did the reinstall. Any way to open these files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts