Reinstalling Windows XP.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fredfromoz

I want to format my hard drive (C:\) and then reinstall Windows XP. Will my CDRom drive (D:\) be working when I insert the XP disc, seeing as it's drivers will have been formatted along with contents of C:\ drive? If so, what do I do?
My thanks in advance.
Fredfromoz.

bonk

Banned
Do the format and install using the XP CD...

Just put it in the drive with the operating System still on the hard drive and restart your PC.

Then follow the prompts for fresh install and the XP CD will clean your hard drive and partition and format for you.

There are no "drivers" for the CD to be recognised as a readable optical drive, they are handled by the BIOS.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts