Reinstate Mouse and Keyboard

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

keohane2050

I have bought a new computer and am going to use the cordless mouse and keyboard that is plugged into my old computer. I know how to install them on the new one, but how do I re install the old ordinary keyboard and mouse on the old computer. I have tried just plugging them in. It doesn't work. Any help appreciated.:rolleyes:

dustyjay

Jay
Well t should work by just pluggin it in. Does your cordless hardware connect via PS2 or USB? If the reciever connects through the PS2 ports then I would say that possibly the Keyboard and mouse are no longer working. I switch mine around all the time and never have had a problem. If they are USB connected then it is possible that your PS2 Ports are eithe not working any more or they have been disabled in the Bios some how.

Switch of the old computer, plug in keyboard and mouse, reboot, windows should then detect them in POST,if not they might be disabled in BIOS.

keohane2050

old keyboard and mouse is not usb. It has the same connections as the cordless mouse and keyboard. The old mouse and keyboard were working when replaced with cordless mouse and keyboard. I have been careful not to plug in while computer is on and the ports are not stuffed, cause I can jus plug the cordless stuff back in and it recognizes them straight away. I have tried switching off the computer and plugging in the old keyboard and mouse and when the computer boots I don't get, any error message, recognition of new hardware nor do I have a functioning mouse or keyboard.

Have you tried the old keyboard and mouse in the new computer to see if they work?
It could also be a software issue, did you load any software for the wireless key/mse?
Check in control panel> mouse >hardware and see what it says, you might have to remove it

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts