1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Relatively fine download speed, extremely high ping

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Tensive, Mar 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tensive

Tensive Thread Starter

It started about two days ago, I was using this connection for ages now. The download speed seems fine at the moment but my ping goes through the roof.
    I tried restarting the router, I have no process running in the background stealing speed or any of that stuff.

2. rhin123

rhin123

Maybe you should move closer to your router, or it could be your firewall slowing down your ping. You could also use a wired connection (like a Ethernet cable) if you haven't already. Also, did you do anything to affect your connection those two days ago? Or did it happen out of nowhere? Make sure to scan for malware or other malicious software on your computer that could be messing with it. Most people here ask for ipconfig/all, it usually reveals the problems of your connection issues. So make sure to put that in your thread soon. You can also put your PC statistics as well for us to see if anything would be incompatible with your computer and router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!