1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Relaying thru Exhcnage 2000

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by anqara83, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

Hi,

we have couple off site users that need to send their outgoing e-mails thru our exchange server. I'm not sure how to approach this, as as far as implementing a secure solution to this issue.
    a little background about the server, we have a anti virus solution listening on Port 25, which then forwards the e-mails to a spam filter then e-mails get forwarded to exchange at a different Port. i thought of using SSL authentication, but the anti virus solution we have doesn't handle that . OWA is not an option here, so i'm not sure how to do this.:confused:
    any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

If you've already set up Exchange accounts for these users, and have an active VPN into your network, it would just be a question of setting up the VPN and then Outlook on the user's machines. You may or may not have to edit your host file with the Exchange Server name and IP depending on how your network is set up. But in any event, this should be a pretty simple process.

3. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

Yes VPN is definitely a solution but not for these users.. they're sales people constantly on the road.
    the only item they need from our network is e-mail everything else is installed locally to their machines.

4. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Okay so they're on the road. That is what a VPN is for. They would still require internet access for any type of email. If you want them to connect to your mail server, you still would need some kind of remote access solution, and a VPN would be the most secure.

5. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

i don't think VPN will be a good solution for these two employees, i understand they can connect thru VPN and download their mail to an offline folder to access while on the road, but i would like to keep them setup the way they are, except change their outgoing mail server to be ours instead of the ISP's since ATT doesn't allow that anymore.

6. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

Have you thought of enabling OWA (outlook web access) for them?

7. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

No, need to chnage quiet of few things on here to set that up. it's only 2 users.

8. mozzacajun

mozzacajun

9. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

Okay well then how are they currently set up??

10. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

as far as e-mail they're using POP3 right now.

11. skinnywhiteboy

skinnywhiteboy

I believe Exchange Server has POP3 capabilities.

12. anqara83

anqara83 Thread Starter

of course and that's what they're using now.. the issue is not recieving e-mails it's sending e-mails out, i would like to allow them to use our server and send e-mails out to other domains.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/702003

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice