1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Reload disc didn't fix problem!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jyccyj, Nov 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

For some time I have been having problems booting up with XP; I don't get a BSOD but a page full of print asking which of 5 options it should use with Start Windows normally highlighted. None of the options worked and would just keep going round in a circle.

I discovered that occassionally windows booted up and would madly do as much work as I could as well as running all my security programs. However these times have ceased and after a week of no Windows I decided to use the Reload disc to recover the system to factory mode.

To my horror I now have exactly the same thing happening .

Can someone tell me what is likely to be wrong with my system please?

2. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

You get a 'last bood failed' menu. In other words when Windows doesn't boot properly it will reboot, then automatically give you this menu so you can easily get to safe mode.

If none of the SAFE MODE boot modes work, then you have hardware problems.

I presume by 'reload disc' you mean a RECOVERY CD, and NOT A PROPER XP INSTALL CD.

Who is the manufacturer.

Now, I'm very surprised and doubtful of your comment that 'none of the options' worked. Try SAFE MODE COMMAND PROMPT ONLY.

3. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

None of the 5 options worked/works. Selecting Safe Mode only or any of the Safe Mode options produces the Safe Mode scroll then after a pause turns off ..

The Reload disc is the Recovery CD (TClone OEM Harddrive Recovery System Reload).
    It appears to work correctly but the problem starts again when told to remove the CD and reboot. The first time after the checks there was a pause then started again with checks and produced the Windows couldn't start and the 5 options; none of which works.

4. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

Then it sounds like a hardware problem. Checking the hard disk would be step one.

5. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

How can I check the hard drive when I don't have a system ?

6. Jeruvy

Jeruvy

Sounds like you have two problems.

7. Jyccyj

Jyccyj Thread Starter

I am ending this thread. You have been no help whatsoever.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice