1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remanufactured ink?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by vicki_nb, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. vicki_nb

vicki_nb Thread Starter

I'm looking for ink for my HP Photosmart and I found HP brand remanufactured ink for a couple bucks cheaper than the regular. Is "remanufactured" ink any good? I'm using it for photos so I don't want something that isn't going to look decent.

Any advice?

2. acraftylady

acraftylady

I have never used remanufactured ink for my HP but I have had people tell me if you don't get it from a reputable source then you could ruin the printer and void the warranty and the print quality is not as good and the ink might not last as long as a new one. Someone told me if I was just printing black text then it wouldn't matter but the color won't be as good. I have refilled my black cartridge once my self and it clogged the print head a little so I felt it wasn't worth it.

3. vicki_nb

vicki_nb Thread Starter

Thats what I figured. I would rather pay a few bucks more for better quality....just wan't sure if it was the same or not. I guess if it was it wouldn't be cheaper............

Thanks.

4. Deathblow

Deathblow

I've never used anything but re-manufactured ink in any of my HP printers (aside from the starter cartridges that they come with). I have an Hp 810 that's about 8 years old, and a 940 that's several years old. Both still operate perfectly. I do agree that you should try to use reputable companies to obtain your product from. I use Atlas business systems myself, and in all the years I've been with them, I've only ever had one problem (faulty cartridge) and they replaced it without question. They can be found on the web at http://www.printerrefillkit.com/

5. acraftylady

acraftylady

It's good to hear that someone does have luck using them. We make about 100 copies a day on our HP officejet copier and since we paid $900 I just don't want to take the chance to ruien anything with it or my husband would not get his work done at home. I know it sounds stpuid we are paying for a lot of ink but at the time it was just going to be for light usage and then things changed. If I had know I would have got a full size copier with toner for him.

6. starchild

starchild

I've gotten remanufactured (black), and they seem to work okay. My printer is a Canon BJC-250 I've had for 6 years (it was free with my first computer). I've also gotten new cartridges (sealed) from ebay for a lot less.

I once bought a refill kit, which worked okay (and was good to have on hand if the cartridge ran out). But the ink seemed a little lighter and easier to smudge. Might have been my imagination.

I was once filling it with the big plastic hypo needle, pushing the plunger and it exploded. The needle part came out of the rest and ink went everywhere! On the walls, my comuter my face and arms. And my daughter's wedding was 2 weeks away.

I got it off the computer, but little bitty spots are still in places on the wall. It didn't wash off me, but faded and after a few days was gone.

Adventures in cartridge refilling.

~ Carrie

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272653

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice