1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Rember my password

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by scribe312, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scribe312

scribe312 Thread Starter

Hello, I am running windows XP. I have a little box that says " do you want windows to remember this password for the next time" or something like that. The problem is it does not always appear. I used to use gator until I discovered that was the reason I was getting so much spam, and pop-ups. So I would really like the little box to appear and remember every password and user name. How do I contact this little devil and tell it, him, her, that. :confused:
    Thank you.
    If this is not the right place to post this, please advise me where it should be, this is my first time, and I am sure you all remember your first time. :rolleyes:

2. raikhi

raikhi

Hi Scribe:

You may want to try this. This should work if I can read your question right.

Go to this place by clicking on each of the links: InternetExplorer\Tools\InternetOptions\Content\AutoComplete\

Here select all that you want the computer to remember where it says: Use AutoComplete for ..... and say ok.

Hope this will help (y) .

3. scribe312

scribe312 Thread Starter

[SIZE=2]Hello,
    you interpreted my question exactly correct, and I tried you solution. I have not put it into practice yet, but thank you very much. I had given up on a response. :D
    Have a good day
    scribe[/SIZE]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice