1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remembering PIN

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by hrc987, Sep 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hrc987

hrc987 Thread Starter

Whenever I would go to a site on the net and type in my user name and a new pin, xp would prompt me to remember the pin, so that if I clicked and my user name came up, my pin would automatically be entered.

Now, when I go to Fidelity Investments, I click, but no user name comes up. When I manually enter, no reminder to save the pin comes up either.

When I go to other sites and click, my user name and pin come up.

I don't know if it is a Fidelity site thing, or if I need to do something else.

I did check "autocomplete" in the "content" tab of tools in ie6. and everything is checked.

Any ideas? Thanks!

2. rkselby98

rkselby98

Some sites will not store pins for security reasons.

I see and understand there point of view.

3. ddraigcoch

ddraigcoch

Your information will be stored in a cookie, so when you return, unless you've requested otherwise, you would be automatically logged in, but this isn't the best security technique and ideally should opt not for Windows to save passwords, as unless you have correct security measures in place, these can be abused by a trojan.

4. hrc987

hrc987 Thread Starter

Thanks to all of you. I had inadvertently checked, "do not remember passwords" so on that screen, it never did.

I typed in my ss# and then highlighted it and pressed "delete" on my keyboard. Then I closed explorer. When I opened it and went to that screen and typed in my ss# and password, voila! the reminder to remember the password was re-established.

Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/97358

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice