Remote access log

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mmbc_voltron

How can I read the remote access log? or is there another log I can't see?
I want to be able to see connection failed or sucessfull.
I am looking at the iaslog.log file.
It has the ip, user, date, time, RAS, server name, then some numbers.

Is there any hope to get a list of sucessfull or failed connection?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Group Policy. Or I should say Security policy because it probably falls under secpol.msc.

mmbc_voltron

Squashman said:
Group Policy. Or I should say Security policy because it probably falls under secpol.msc.

What security policy option do I enable. If I enable logon events it will log all users logon and logoffs. I just want RAS logons and failures.

Tricky question since with the native IAS log format it is always a double combination:

x,y
x determines what the field content of y means.

The database format holds no field description but is a standard set of variables in a standard order. MS Knowledgebase can tell you what the fields mean.

I recommmend to use a graphical tool, such as the FactotumNOW IAS Reporting.

That'll tell you exactly what is going on and filters out the interesting stuff for you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online