1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Access to Files on AD Server

Discussion in 'Networking' started by beans6988, Apr 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beans6988

beans6988 Thread Starter

Hello,
    I've just started with a small company who already have AD and a file server, exchange, etc. They currently use webdav or RDS to remotely access files on the server and everyone complains about having to imput their username and password to open a file and how slow it is. I'm trying to find the best solution to give them access to the files without using the cloud. The main office, where I am has AD. 2 Remote offices have no infrastructure, but using laptops provided by us with domain cached credentials. Then there are 2 people in another country who work from home. I thought VPN either client based for everyone or static between the offices with each office having a DC and syncing files a few times a day. I'm just not sure that is the right choice for such a small company. Circa 30 people. 12 in main office, 5 in the other two offices. Also good to mention, the two other offices do not have a reliable fast internet connection. Please, what solutions do I have without using the Cloud?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1170361

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice