Remote Access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

blando89

Hi name is Brody and i was wondering, well first ok i live in Baltimore and my mom lives in NY because i move to MD anyways i want to be able to connect from my computer from Baltimore to hers where she can see what im doing and if she has a problem with the computer i can fix it. I tried VNC or maybe im just doing it wrong but can anyone help me step by step or somthing to help me do this i dont kno what im doing wrong she has windows XP i have Vista. I sent her VNC and had her installed that told her how to over the phone but i dont kno if i am doing somthing wrong because its not letting me connect says time out or somthing. If anyone can help that will be great and thank you.

Brody

blando89

oo and i forgot there is no router i dont have one and my mom doesnt either i jsut enver hooked mine up down here yet but my mom doesnt have a router connected to the modem

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Take a look at TeamViewer, I use it for remote support regularly. The plus is that it requires no installation, and no configuration of routers or firewalls.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Go actually read the site. ;)

Your mom had a simple program that requires no installation, she just runs it from the desktop and then tells you the random key that has been assigned to allow you to connect. You can then establish a session to her computer.

If you want something that requires no intervention, I use UltraVNC for such purposes.

blando89

hey i used VNC well tried realVNC is there a difference and it wouldnt connect kept saying timed out and all i dont know if my computer is set up wrng to do it or she needs to do somthing over her computer for me to get it to connect i dont know what to do really i downloaded the view u told me i tried connecting but nothing but i didnt have my mom download it not sure if she needs it or what not but it didnt connect

blando89

K thank you ill try the Zolved i read that i understand that one like which one my mom needs and which part i need so ill try that see if that works and all

blando89

Sweet i got TeamViewer to work thanks alot very nice program and easy thank you very much!!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Glad we could help.

You can mark your own threads solved using the
button at the top of the first page of the thread in the upper left corner.
©
:)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online