Solved Remote Computer Trying to Access My System

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

soulsister

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 142 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 8089 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 620, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: 221 GB (43 GB Free); D: 15 GB (2 GB Free);
Motherboard: HP, 822C
Antivirus: Kaspersky Free, Enabled and Updated

Hi,

Yesterday I started getting a pop up that seems to be asking if I want to allow a Remote Computer to access my system. I've included a screen shot of the pop up as well as one of the Certificate it lets you view. It pops up over 100 times a day. Obviously I'm concerned someone is trying to access my computer and would very much appreciate your assistance getting to the bottom of it.

Much Thanks,
Soulsister

Attachments

flavallee

Trusted Advisor
First Name
Frank
One thing that I would do is get rid of Kaspersky Free and stick with Windows 10's built-in Windows Defender Security Center.

Submit an image of the "Programs And Features" list so we can see what installed apps you have.

---------------------------------------------------------------

soulsister

Okay, thanks for moving me and if you really think Windows Defender is best I'll switch. But what can I do about this remote computer trying to access my system? Appreciate the help!

valis

that isnt a remote pc trying to access your machine, it is the certificate of the site you are visting. My guess is that it is GDPR related but it is not anyone trying to get into your rig. Unless you are trying to access a site that requires personal info I wouldnt worry about it.

thanks,

v

soulsister

Thanks valis. I did a windows update and restarted and the pop ups have stopped. Good to know it was harmless. Appreciate you looking into it.

soulsister

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online