1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

remote connections

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jam420, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jam420

jam420 Thread Starter

We have three pc's here, two wire, one laptop wireless. All three are networked. All three are Dells.
    My husband is a novice so I help him as much as I can, now my question is:
    I know about remote connections, but what I'd like to know is , is it possible for the host (me) to access the client (husband) so that I might help him further? I know it can be done from Client to host, but am not sure about the other way around.

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. jam420

jam420 Thread Starter

Hi Dan O, sorry but I was away from my pc for a while.
    I'm not running XP Pro, but XP Media Center
    I do have the Remote Connections option in 'accessories' and tried to set it up but it didn't work. Then decided maybe I'd better find out if I will be able to access husbands pc before I bother to try agan.:D
    Thank for your quick reply.
    Any other suggestions.

4. Dan O

Dan O

Windows XP Media Center includes Remote Desktop and if you following the instructions within the MS article you should be able to set it up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice