remote control

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sentme_mail

hi,
how to configure my home PC to be able to be remote controlled from internet?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Please supply the following info.

The name of your ISP and country of residence.
Make/model of the broadband modem.
Make/model of the router (if any).
Version and patch level of Windows, i.e. XP-Home SP2.

What kind of remote control do you envision? Are you interested in file sharing, or a full desktop emulation remotely?

sentme_mail

full desktop emulation remotely
XP home SP1, linksys
i was trying dydns.org and vnc but it says network cannot be connected

VNC should work. Can you ping your DNS name? If you get replies, do you know whether or not the replies are coming from your Public IP?? Do you have the proper ports forwarded on your router? Is your router configured for dyndns.org??

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
UltraVNC works for me, and offers encrypted links, file transfer, and of course remote control.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online