1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Database Access Troubles

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cmihampton, Jun 13, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. cmihampton

cmihampton Thread Starter

We are a franchise of a larger company and have use of their remote database to perform all our daily funtions. We are the only office that seems to have problems loggin into our remote database server... WE NEED HELP!

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    Then I strongly recommend that you contact the IT department of the larger company. Or, if they don't have such a department, that you contact the person in charge of IT related things and get him/her to contact a professional service company.

3. cmihampton

cmihampton Thread Starter

We have tried several times, and they say the do a remote server power reset, half the time it works, half the time it doesnt. Is there a way on our end we can do the same thing?

Other option, if youre able to assist with this....is how do we copy an access database thats already created for use on our desktop without having to remotely log in every time???

Or do you think theres a problem with our desktop thats allowing for a gap in remote server disconnection?.

4. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    I'm sorry. The rules do not allow any help other than right here.

It's not possible for me to diagnose anything without a lot more information. I will recommend that you hire an experienced IT person to come check everything out.

As for the database login? It seems that the developer has instituted users and passwords. Nothing you or I can do about that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228540

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice