1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Desktop can only connect one way

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bbhair, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bbhair

bbhair Thread Starter

I can remote desktop from host PC to laptop, I can ping both ways, but everytime I run remote desktop from laptop to host I get the "your remote desktop connection has ended, possibly for one of the following reasons

- The administrator has ended the session
    - An error occurred while the connection was being established
    - A network problem occurred

- Host PC is running XP Pro
    - Laptop is running windows XP media center edition

I have tried all the updates I could find. Ran all the microsoft updates it autodected was missing and still can't get the laptop to remote desktop to the host PC any ideas? Any help would be great I am completely stuck and out of options to try.

Laptop and Host both now have static IP's. I am using usernames in the admin groups with passwords. Both machines have ports open. Allow users to connect on both computers are checked to allow.

Again any help you could provide would be awesome.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Any 3rd party firewall on the "host PC"? If so, maybe it is blocking the connection.

3. bbhair

bbhair Thread Starter

thanks for responding. I get the same response with the firewall off, on, or unistalled.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/555253

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice