Remote Desktop Client from XP Pro

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

je122387

My computer is running XP Home EDition SP 1. I really would like the feature of the Remote Desctop Client which is found on XP Professional. Is there any where I can get that file for download such as the Microsoft website, etc. I really would like to be able to use that feature on my current XP Home computer.

Hi…

Actually, the RDP is not support on Windows XP Home, technically. So, if you are wanting to connect to a PC with Windows XP Home installed via RDP, it will not work.

Here is some information about it….

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;281311&Product=winxp

Here is some information about the client…

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/tools/rdclientdl.mspx

The above link is for the client, which is already installed on Windows XP Home. However, XP Home does not have the full blown SERVER portion on it.

You can however, use Remote Support to connect to a Windows XP Home computer, but it is not the same as connecting via RDP to a Windows XP Pro machine.

I hope this helps!!

Thanks… Shane

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online