1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Desktop Conection through Remote Web Workplace (RWW) stopped working

Discussion in 'Networking' started by carsonmiller, Jan 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. carsonmiller

carsonmiller Thread Starter

Hi all,

So, I have scoured every resource I could find to resolve this, and am just flat out stumped....hoping someone here can shed some light on my problem. Here is my situation:

* I have a SBS 2003 R2 Standard machine running (domain controller, exchange, etc)
    * I have 7 XP SP2 clients that are part of the domain
    * I have an ASA 5505 firewall running, with an ADSL modem connected to that for WAN access

My problem is related to RWW. From the internet (non-lan connection), I can connect without any issues to the RWW homepage (either as a domain user or an administrator). When I click on "connect to work computer", I am presented with a list of the domain PCs. However, once I click on any of them, I receive the following "VB Script: Remote Desktop Disconnected" error window:

"The client could not establish a connection to the remote computer. The most likely causes for this error are:

1) Remote connections might not be established at the remote computer
    2) The max number of connections might be exceded at the remote computer
    3) A network error might have occurred while establishing the connection
    4) The Remote Web Workplace designated port might be blocked by a firewall
    "

Here is what I have confirmed so far:
    1) I have opened ports 3389 and 4125 on the ASA
    2) I CAN remote desktop directly to the SBS itself (not using RWW)
    3) I CAN access OWA via the internet
    3) The client computer has been setup to allow remote connections, and I have added all the domain users I would like to have access

Does anyone have any other thoughts on what the problem might be? I have also removed the client PC from the domain, deleted the PC within the server console, re-added it, and then rejoined the PC to the domain (just to see if there was sort of IP conflict/problem). Nothing seems to work.

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Thanks,
    Carson

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Can you Remote into the computers when you are on your Lan? Did the firewalls somehow become enable on the clients?

3. carsonmiller

Yes, I can remote desktop into the clients when on the LAN. Strangely, when I am remote, I can remote desktop into the Server (using standard remote desktop, not RWW), then I can remote desktop from the server into the clients....like a nested remote desktop.

When I look at the firewall settings on the client, it does not allow me to change the settings, saying it is deferring to the server. On the server, I have used all the wizards to enable "remote access", which from my understanding opens up the VPN and RDC ports on the Windows firewall.

Any other thoughts?

4. carsonmiller

5. VannTen

VannTen

Hi carsonmiller,

What you might need to do is make sure your Browser is up to date.

And also try and add the url of the RWW address as a secure site in your IE settings.

Then close IE and try it again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/669552

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice