1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Desktop Connection (noone can connect to me!)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by fatboychaloy, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fatboychaloy

fatboychaloy Thread Starter

I consider myself a pretty decent troubleshooter when it comes to PC problems, I mean if I don't know something, Google sure does! Anyways, I have been struggling with this issue on my Vista Ultimate 64 PC at work, I can connect to anyone else in the office here in LA or Chicago but when anyone tries to RDP back to me they can't connect. I have tried a few resolutions I was able to find off of Google, but nothing has worked so far. I'm reaching the end of the road here with my troubleshooting skills and I figure I would let you guys take a whack at it. I've had serious problems before and you guys have always been able to help me resolve. If you would like to know what resolutions I have tried, let me know and I will find them and post them here.

Thanks!

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Please list what you have done in trying to fix the problem.

3. fatboychaloy

fatboychaloy Thread Starter

Run a command prompt (cmd.exe) as an Administrator
    Type: netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

Type: netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Go to Control Panel , Classic View, Windows Firewall, Allow a Program Through Windows Firewall, and checkmark Remote Desktop in the Exceptions tab.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/978082

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice