Remote Desktop Connection Password Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DexterDave

Hi All.

I'm really having a hard time configuring Remote Desktop Connection.
I'm trying to set up a session between my laptop at work(Windows 7 Home Premium) and my PC at home(Windows 7 Ultimate). Now the settings are fine ('Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer' and 'Allow connections from computers running any version of remote desktop' are ticked, on both systems).

Now for the Computer: and Username: I have:
Computer: ip of remote PC (Home PC)
User Name: PC-Name\Account Name

Now the problem is when I want to log into the remote account(at home), It keeps telling me I have the wrong username and password, although it is the right and only one.

What to do? Thanks

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
You are trying the User Name and Password that is ON the remote machine?

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Remote-Desktop-Connection-frequently-asked-questions
Which editions of Windows 7 include Remote Desktop Connection?
All editions of Windows 7 include Remote Desktop Connection.

You can use Remote Desktop to initiate a connection from any edition of Windows 7.

You can connect to computers running Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, or Windows 7 Enterprise.

You can't use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to computers running Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Home Basic, or Windows 7 Home Premium.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
Ok. I think I got your predicament backwards. You are trying to remote into Windows 7 Ultimate and not Home Premium. So have you checked the firewall settings on your PC and if your Windows 7 computer at home is behind a Router did you do the proper port forward settings on that.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online