1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Desktop Connection Password Problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by DexterDave, Nov 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

Hi All.

I'm really having a hard time configuring Remote Desktop Connection.
    I'm trying to set up a session between my laptop at work(Windows 7 Home Premium) and my PC at home(Windows 7 Ultimate). Now the settings are fine ('Allow Remote Assistance connections to this computer' and 'Allow connections from computers running any version of remote desktop' are ticked, on both systems).

Now for the Computer: and Username: I have:
    Computer: ip of remote PC (Home PC)
    User Name: PC-Name\Account Name

Now the problem is when I want to log into the remote account(at home), It keeps telling me I have the wrong username and password, although it is the right and only one.

What to do? Thanks

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    You are trying the User Name and Password that is ON the remote machine?

3. DexterDave

DexterDave Thread Starter

that's correct

4. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Remote-Desktop-Connection-frequently-asked-questions

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Ok. I think I got your predicament backwards. You are trying to remote into Windows 7 Ultimate and not Home Premium. So have you checked the firewall settings on your PC and if your Windows 7 computer at home is behind a Router did you do the proper port forward settings on that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027147

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice