1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote Desktop Connection thru Clear Modem and Netgear Router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by RodmanB, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RodmanB

RodmanB Thread Starter

I recently added a Netgear wireless router(WNDR3400) to my Clearwire Modem and my ability to use the Desktop Remote Connection went Bye Bye. This is probably because I had to set my computer to DHCP to get the internet to work. Can any one help me with reestablishing the Remote Desktop Connection? I'm confused by the portforwarding. Do I need to forward the Clear modem to the router and the router to the computer. Do I set the router to Static IP and leave the Clear Modem to DHCP or do I need to set it to Static as well. Any help, Please?

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    You need to portforward (port 3389, I think) on the Netgear router to the computer. Best to assign a static IP, or use address reservation if the Dhcp server has that feature, for the computer.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice