1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Remote desktop display issues

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by JRCS, Dec 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JRCS

JRCS Thread Starter

Hi chaps

I am having display issues whilst connecting to other computers via RDC and RWW. Basically windows do not display properly. For example when opening a folder it half appears, only by guessing where the top bar is and dragging across will the folder then fully display. I have attached a screen shot to show what I am trying to describe.

A few facts that may help diagnosis:

- It is definitely my computer with the problem - tested using my laptop into same computer via same router with no issues.

- I have the same problems connecting into XP workstations and SBS 2003 servers.

- I have the same issues both via the remote desktop connection client and the remote web workplace (SBS).

- I have tried installing the latest RDC client (KB969084) which has had no effect.

This problem is driving me mad so if anyone could help I it would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks

James

Attached Files:

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

JRCS
    I would start here

How do I change Remote Desktop Connection settings?
    1. Open Remote Desktop Connection by clicking the Start button [​IMG], clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, and then clicking Remote Desktop Connection.
    2. Before connecting, click Options, and then make the changes you want on the Display, Local Resources, Programs, Experience, and Advanced tabs.
    especially looking at the display and experience tabs

3. JRCS

JRCS Thread Starter

Thanks for the help but I wish it was as simple as that.

Unfortunately I have already experimented with all settings. I have also tried reconfiguring one of the clients and reconnecting directly via port 3390 instead of 3389 with no joy.

I have recently installed a GeForce GTX 650ti graphics card but I cant remember whether the problem started prior to install.

I have worked in business ICT support for many years but this is beating me at the moment! :mad:

Any further suggestions would be much appreciated.

4. Macboatmaster

Well no matter how much I "played around" for want of a better word with resolution settings and everything else I could not re create it on remote to one of my other computers.
    I then connected remote to a mate and still cannot make that happen

I do not think it is anything to do with ports etc.

I consider, in view of your experience, that this is worth a try
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2229/kw/installing%20windows%20xp

old article but I think it JUST MAYBE the cause.
    Obviously do not nned to tell you precautions re creating new registry entries

5. Macboatmaster

JRCS
    It is some six days now since my last suggestion
    I wondered if you have solved the problem
    An update would be appreciated

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081995

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice